At Alexandra Hills we have a rec room which is going to be used for a heap of things like Wii, and hosting a book club will be a great idea to promote the room, the library and the year of reading!
I would love to join in to a staff book club.
At AH staff have just read Room by Emma Donoghue.
Your Rec Room sounds like a great space, Michelle! Are your students enjoying the new bean bags?
ReplyDeleteAnd I just read about Room in your newsletter -- what a fascinating concept for a novel. Did you all enjoy the read?
I'd love to join a staff book club - we could do this after hours and we could use the space we work in perhaps.
ReplyDeleteAnother idea - use another blog as the staff book club - a virtual book club!
Lee
I love the idea of face to face book clubs, but an online blog to supplement the clubs is an excellent idea. We could hold an MSIT-wide book club with face to face meetings at each campus, and host a blog for those who can't make the meetings (and for those who wish to continue discussion post-meeting).
ReplyDelete